The earliest record of the Orthodox church in Stara Pazova dates back to 1775. However, there aren’t any dataon time, place and the outward appearance of the creation of the church at that time since the first pages of the recordhave been damaged. It is known that the church was repaired in 1782. Today’s Serbian Orthodox Church of the Holy Prophet Elijah (August 2nd) in Stara Pazova is a representative, monumental neoclassical building built in 1828. In the temple, there are the relics of the Holy Newcomers from the monastery Jasenovac. At the gate of the churchon the entrance to the left there is a memorial plaque to the fallen victims in the nineties of the twentieth century, and on the west side at the entrance to the temple there is also the tomb of the protégé – the architect Simeon Araničkifrom 1946. At the gate on the eastern side there are three burial sites: in the first Sima Matejev, a trader,was buried in 1786, in the second, the priest Pavle Dimitrijević and his wife Julijana were buried in 1818, and in the third, a long-time priest Živojin Sviračević was buried in 1833. By tradition,there used to be an old church between the tomb of Sima Matejev and Živojin Sviračević.