In the second half of the 16th century Golubinci was mentioned as an underground settlement, the chimneys of which were the only visible parts. The Karlovci Metropolitanate Visiting Commission mentioned in its report from 1733 a small church with knitted ornamentsand a reed roof cover. A small church with knitted ornaments was replaced by a wooden church in 1751, which the bishop Partenije consecrated on April 23, 1752. The wooden church in Golubinci existed until the beginning of the ninth decade of the 18th century. Today’s church was built from building material in the Baroque style between 1784 and 1788.