From the first written records of Vojka as a populated place, it was not until 1578 that a priest is mentioned. This suggests that there was also a smaller church in which he served. The people from Vojka built their first church of building material, covered with shingle, with a middle bell and a brick trapezoid in 1727. The census from 1732/1733 tells us that the churches in Srem were very poor, but only Vojka had a church made out of building material. However, the church did not stay long there. They started to build a new church from brick and stone, a bigger, wider and longer one, in 1857. The mason was Franc Fuks from Sremska Mitrovica. The funds for the construction of the fence were given in 1885 by Vojkan Trivun Vujin, an Austrian army officer. Iconostasis was most probably created by famous woodcarver Eduard Vladarš.